If you are a new teacher for us, you probably need to do more for preparing for your first class and please click here to get more information.
With everything ready (download the needed teaching materials, get your student(s) information, make sure your laptop/computer and internet work well, install and test your ZOOM), you are coming to your first class then.
For each first class of the student(s), the teaching manager/assistant will show up for the first several minutes to have a welcome talk in Chinese and English to the teacher, the student, and maybe the parents.
Here is the list of the structured doings for each class:
- Please login to the ZOOM at least 5 minutes earlier before the class to save more time for yourself to deal with the unpredictable problems with your laptop or software.
- You need to report to the coordinator immediately if the student(s) do(es) not show up after the class starts 5 minutes.
- Online teaching makes it difficult to communicate with students and get feedback from them. Therefore, we suggest that teachers should conduct more interactive activities instead of depending too much on books. We mainly focus on speaking during class, unless some parents have extra requirements.
- After each class, the teacher is supposed to assign homework to the student, which may include but not limited to the following items:(1) Give exercises for grammar rules which have been taught in the class; (2) Vocabulary recitation; (3) Useful expression recitation; (4) Other assignments which the teacher believes is necessary; Please don't use the workbook to assign homework because the students don't have one. You can assign the homework at the end of each lesson and type it into the class record form. The teaching manager will arrange for his/her assistant to help the student(s) review the class and finish the homework.
- You need to click the link below to update the class record form after you finish each class. You can make it short but can be read. And the teaching manager will calculate how many classes you have taught by checking the class records to pay you the salary.
We encourage teachers to arrange special lessons for students who have finished a whole book. (1) If your students are English beginners, we advise teachers to take 4-6 lessons to teach "how to introduce yourself" and practice a great self-introduction in class. (2) If your students are really great or at an advanced level, we advise teachers to take 4-6 lessons to teach "how to do a short speech" and practice a great short speech in class. The self-introduction or speech will show how excellent your students are becoming after attend your classes.
Submit and View Class Records
- Click the tabs to view teachers' timetable and the class record by list or calendar.
- Add a new class record or print the records by clicking the "Update" and "Print" buttons under the "Records" tab.
- Click the "Calendar" to view the class records by the calendar.
- Print the timetable by clicking the "Print" button under the "Timetable" tab.
View Teachers' Schedule
Click the link above to check your schedule. Please inform your coordinator if there is anything wrong with the schedule.