China is now increasingly opening up and attaching more importance to foreign talents. More and more high level foreign talents have acquired their R visas and benefited a lot from it. However, many foreign friends still have no idea about R Visa. Here is helpful information about R Visa. Eligible foreign talents, welcome to apply for it.
What is R Visa?
R Visa, i.e. talent visa, one of various Chinese visas, is specially designed for high level foreign talents and talented personnel in short supply needed for Chinese social and economic development.
Who can apply for R Visa?
R Visa is issued to high level foreign talents and talented personnel in short supply needed for Chinese social and economic development, and scientists, leading talents in S&T field, international entrepreneurs, professionals, talents of high skills, etc. in line with requirements for urgently-needed talents in high-grade, advanced & cutting-edge technology and market demand. To get an R Visa, foreign applicants should meet the conditions of high level foreign talents (Category A) according to the Evaluation Criteria for Foreigners Working in China (Trial).
How long will the R Visa application take?
A Confirmation Letter for High Level Foreign Talents will be issued within five business days at most and R Visa can be issued soonest at the second day after the application.
What are the advantages of R Visa?
1. The longest validity term: The visa is valid for 5-10 years and allows multiple entries.
2. The longest duration of stay: An R Visa bearer may stay for 180 days at most within each validity term, which allows the longest period of stay for each entry among all kinds of visas.
3. Free application: Foreign talents and their family can enjoy exemption from payment for visas and express service.
4. Same favorable treatment for dependents: Spouses and minor children of foreign talents can apply for corresponding multiple-entry visas with the same validity term.
5. Green Channel: Applicants for Foreigner’s Work Permit in China can enjoy service through a Green Channel.
How to apply for R Visa?
(1) Online application for Confirmation Letter for High Level Foreign Talents:
The inviter who invites the applicant submits an application for Confirmation Letter for High Level Foreign Talents online via the service system for foreigners working in China (https://fuwu.most.gov.cn/lhgzweb/).
(2) Examination and approval by Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs:
Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs will issue the Confirmation Letter for High Level Foreign Talents within five business days to an applicant meeting related conditions.
(3) Application for R Visa with Confirmation Letter for High Level Foreign Talents:
The applicant with the Confirmation Letter for High Level Foreign Talents applies for R Visa to a Chinese embassy/consulate abroad (refer to announcement of the Chinese embassy/consulate abroad for necessary application documents and requirements).